Is CBD Safe for Kids?
In short, there’s nothing wrong with administering CBD to children — so long as as you ensure the products you are giving are lab tested and made in America. The CBD industry is not being regulated by the FDA, therefore it is the consumer’s responsibility to find quality products that do not contain chemicals, pesticides, or molds, and actually contain the phytocannabinoids they claim.
However, we recommend consulting with a pediatrician before introducing any new dietary supplement to your child, particularly if your child is taking critically high doses of certain medications.
Notably, out of the hundreds of tests carried out by independent researchers, including one by the World Health Organization (WHO), none have mentioned or touched on the risk of CBD affecting children in a negative way. In fact, some even claim it carries a number of health benefits.
What Conditions Can You Treat With CBD?
- CBD is showing a lot of promise assisting with psychiatric disorders, like anxiety and depression in children.
- One report from Jerusalem claims that CBD might be a helpful treatment for kids with autism.
- There’s anecdotal proof from parents that CBD Oil helps their kids with ADHD.
- CBD is also said to have painkilling properties when applied topically and/or taken sublingually.
- CBD has been proven to significantly benefit children suffering from Epilepsy.